- This event has passed.
Class 2A Driver Training Program
March 25 @ 7:00 am - 5:30 pm UTC-3
Class 2A Bus Driver Training Program
For residents living in the Charlottetown and surrounding areas
The Province of PEI will be sponsoring a Class 2A Bus driver Training program “Free” to qualified individuals.
– Those selected need to be unemployed and/or working less then 20 hours per week and actively seeking employment.
– Dates March 25th – April 12th, 2019 (3 weeks)
– Training will take place @ JVI – 75 Kensington Road, Ch=town
– Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 5:30pm
– 3 participants
– The only cost to the participant will be for the Drivers Abstract $25.00 and the Drivers Medical Certificate – this cost will depend on what the Doctor charges and there may also be a charge for your Criminal Record Check.
Information and requirements needed to be considered for selection to the program:
- Proof of Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Hold a valid driver=s license for at least (5) years
- Complete the Substitute/Casual Support Staff application
- Submit a Drivers Medical Certificate and Vision test
- Submit a Driver=s Abstract and a Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector Check)
- Up to date Resume
- Be interviewed by staff of the English Language School Board
- You may be required to submit a random drug test.
Application packages which include all of the above mentioned documents can be picked up from the following Career Development Offices:
Charlottetown, 160 Belvedere Ave – 902-626-2014
Montague, 500 Main Street – 902-838-5453
Souris, 175 Main Street – 902-687-1526
Once the Application and documents have been completed they can be returned to the above mentioned office by March 8th, 2019
Interviews will be held at the School Board office in Stratford during the week of
March 11th or March 18th