Career Development Services - Job Board
< back to Job Board
|Company:||Cavendish Farms Corporation|
|Date Posted:||Jan 27, 2023|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Expected Pay:||$33.00 hourly|
|Region(s):||Summerside / Wellington|
|Details:||Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island; Lethbridge, Alberta; Jamestown, North Dakota and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick with sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Cavendish Farms is looking for a Truck Mechanic for our New Annan, PE location.
The position is permanent full-time with hours ranging between 40-60 per week depending on weather and business needs. A comprehensive extended benefit plan package is offered to all full-time employees.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Truck Mechanic will be responsible for planning and completing routine maintenance as well as repairs for all farm trucks. The nature of the work is weather dependent and must be done within a short time frame for both planting and harvest.
- Trade certification or in process to receive Red Seal certification as Truck and Transport Mechanic
- Valid class 3 license or willing to acquire
- Skilled with diagnostic equipment, welders, hand tools and power tools
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (25kgs) and the occasional very heavy lift
- Willingness to travel to fields and work outdoors if required
- Ability to work overtime and on weekends, especially during planting and harvest seasons
- Work in a safe manner and maintain a hazard-free, clean workspace
- Plan fleet maintenance and repairs, estimate costs for budgeting
- Inspect, repair, and maintain farm trucks
- Assist with equipment and facility maintenance as required
- All other duties as assigned
Apply for this career opportunity by:
- Submitting your application online
- Bringing your resume to:
281 Old Station Road, New Annan, PE C1N 5J5
- Emailing your resume to: email@example.com referencing job number 23000565.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.