Career Development Services - Job Board
< back to Job Board
|Position:||Class 2A Bus Driver Training For Qualified Individuals (Funding Provided)|
|Company:||Public Schools Branch|
|Date Posted:||Nov 8, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 31, 2022|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Region(s):||Charlottetown Summerside / Wellington Montague Souris West Prince|
|Details:||Have you ever thought about getting your Class 2A License to become a School Bus Driver?
If so this could be an opportunity for you.
The Province of PEI will be sponsoring a Class 2A Bus Driver Training Program at "no cost" to qualified individuals Island Wide.
We are currently accepting applications Island wide for the 2021 - 2022 School Year.
Current Areas recruiting in are: The Greater Charlottetown Area, Eastern PEI and O'Leary, Alberton, Tignish Areas.
General information (to apply go to competition # 147381):
- Training is delivered by JVI
- Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:30pm for three weeks, and two weeks on the job training through the PSB (hours to be determined)
- The cost to the participant will be for: the Drivers Abstract $25.00, the Drivers Medical
- Certificate, (this cost will depend on what the Doctor charges) and a Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector Check
- Those selected need to be unemployed and/or working less then 20 hours per week and actively seeking employment.
- For those that are not drawing EI there will be a Stipend of $200.00/week.
Requirements needed to be considered for selection to the program:
· Proof of Grade 12 education or equivalent;
· Hold a valid driver’s license for at least (5) years;
· Complete an application for employment with the PSB;
· Provide an up to date resume;
· Be interviewed by the Public Schools Branch.
Successful applicants in the interview process must submit the following satisfactory documents:
· A Drivers Medical Certificate and Vision test;
· A Driver’s Abstract;
· A Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector Check;
Successful applicants that require funding for the training costs will meet with a Career Skills Counselor in order to determine eligibility for the funding. Sharon Horne will co-ordinate the appointments.
For more information on how to become a school bus driver contact Michael Franklin, Transportation Training Specialist, Public Schools Branch, 902-368-5182 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply on jobs PEI at: https://www.gov.pe.ca/jobs/posting/education/external, Competition # 147381. Please upload a current resume.
Applications can also be picked up from:
Tignish Employment Resource Centre - 211 Phillip St. Tignish - 882-2498
Alberton Employment Resource Centre - 479 Church Street – 853-2646
Career Development Services across PEI:
O'Leary - 454 Main Street - 859-2776
Summerside - 674 Water Street - 436-0706
Charlottetown - 160 Belvedere Ave - 626-2014
Montague - 500 Main St. – 838-5453
Souris -175 Main St. - 687-1526
Sharon Horne with Rural Community Learning will be coordinating these programs 902-853-3715.
|Apply to:||Competition Number - 012345|