Career Development Services - Job Board
< back to Job Board
|Company:||Trout River Industries|
|Date Posted:||Jan 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Mar 1, 2019|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Production Engineer at Trout River Industries
ColemanPosted on: January 4, 2019To be determined per year for 40 hours per week Starting Date: January 4, 2019Permanent Full-timeJob Listing Expires: March 1, 20191 Vacancy103373
Requisition # 19002
Trout River Industries
32 Trout River Rd
Coleman, PE C0B 1H0
As a Production Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing continuous improvement of our manufacturing processes and short to medium term production planning. You will identify and implement improvements to production processes for current products, and design production processes for new products. You will be based at our Coleman location, but your role will cover both facilities in Coleman and Bloomfield.
• Working with our existing team to identify and implement plant efficiencies and improve work flow throughout our 2 facilities
• Work closely with our existing engineering department to ensure the availability of production drawings
• Production planning 2 to 3 months ahead to ensure the on-time availability of the elements of production, including production drawings, raw and manufactured materials and parts, labour and equipment
• Working with the existing production foreman, who is responsible for the immediate day-to-day running of the manufacturing facility, to ensure production proceeds uninterrupted and production targets are met
• Developing flexible manufacturing systems and procedures.
• Implementing programs to allow optimum utilization of machinery, materials and other resources
• Designing, developing and conducting work simplification programs
• Developing performance standards
• Supervising and training, or overseeing the training of, employees in new production techniques
• Industrial or Mechanical Degree in Engineering or equivalent training and experience
• Experience in production line manufacturing
• Experience in manufacturing process design and implementation
• Experience in Continuous Improvement implementation
• Knowledge of existing and emerging manufacturing techniques, processes and programs such as Lean, Kan-ban, 6-Sigma etc.
• Experience in production planning
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to drive projects through to completion
• Monday to Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM
What We Offer:
• Competitive compensation package
• Group benefits package including health, dental and vision
• Paid vacation
• RRSP plan
• Opportunities for advancement
• Strong team environment
More About Us:
Trout River is proud to be a privately held Canadian company that manufactures both live bottom and our patented Shuttle Floor trailers. We specialize in live bottom conveyor trailers. Since we built our first trailer in 1999, we have grown to become Canada’s largest live bottom trailer manufacturer. We are known for our innovation and ability to generate wealth with professional sales staff who have all been factory trained.
Why not be a part of the Trout River team? Apply today by using the button below!