Resume & Cover Letter
A resume is a document that should highlight your skills, abilities, work history, and education. Below you will find samples of resumes and cover letters. These samples will give you a starting point. Be sure to contact us to book an appointment or visit one of our resource centres.
- This work sheet will help you organize your work history and highlight your skills. Click on the PDF, print it off and fill in the blanks. Be sure to take it with you to your appointment with a CDS staff member.
- A chronological resume lists your education and work history in chronological order starting with the most recent. This format is beneficial if the job you are applying for is in direct line with your past work history and if there are no significant breaks in employment.
- A functional resume emphasizes your skills and accomplishments. It is a good option if you have recently graduated, are returning to the work force or are looking for a career change.
- Some employers require a cover letter while others do not. A cover letter gives you an opportunity to express to the employer why you are the best candidate for the job. It is a great way to set yourself apart from the competition.
- Cover letters should be clear, concise and directly related to the position you are applying for.