Career Development Services - Job Board
< back to Job Board
|Company:||H F Stewart & Sons|
|Date Posted:||May 30, 2018|
|Details:||Organization Name: H.F Stewart & Sons
Job Title: Draftsperson (Temporary)
Hourly Rate: Wage based on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 8-5 for 40 hours a week. Potential for some overtime and weekend work.
This is a temporary position with the possibility to be extended or lead to a full-time position.
Draftsperson will be the primary source for CAD designs and drawings using computer software at H.F Stewart. Will be responsible to produce drawings and designs for H.F Stewart products using Auto CAD and Inventor. Also, required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned by his or her supervisor.
• Design plans using Auto CAD & Inventor
• Work from rough sketches and specifications
• Help design products with engineering and manufacturing techniques
• Prepare multiple versions of designs for review
• Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products
• Post-secondary education in Drafting or designing or a combination of related education and experience
• At least two years' hands on experience in CAD software
• Experience with Auto CAD & Inventor is an Asset
• Write specifications
• Write technical reports
• Prepare engineering designs and drawings
• Examine drawings for conformity and errors
• Develop and prepare design sketches
• Complete documentation packages and drawing sets
Computer and Technical Knowledge
Word processing software; Spreadsheet; Windows; Internet; Draft Sight; Image editing software; MS Office; Desktop applications; Auto CAD; Inventor
Steel-toed safety boots
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Organized; Reliability
Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot; Cold; Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Sitting; Standing for extended periods.
Please email resumes to email@example.com or drop off in person at 4038 Route 14, West Point. We appreciate all interest, but only those we wish to interview will be contacted.